Tuesday, June 14, 2005

kelvin/thermodynamics

So I had this new thought the other day about the whole creation vs evolution thing.

Brent was talking about the temperature measurement of kelvin. (I know, we're nerds):

The kelvin (K) temperature scale is an extension of the degree Celsius scale down to absolute zero, a hypothetical temperature characterized by a complete absence of heat energy.

And then I started thinking about the first law of thermodynamics:

Energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, merely changing from one form to another.

I am by no means versed enough to argue any more inteligently on this subject than this. I wonder where the first form of energy came from. This is a kind of "which came first the chicken or the egg" question. In my understanding evolution requires energy, as does everything else in this 'verse. Where do people think this initial energy comes from? Then why is it so different to believe that there is a creator that made everything and gave it life (energy)? It seems like the same level of faith to me either way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home