Wednesday, July 13, 2005

"Drop it like it's hot"

So here I am sitting in Jessyca's room while she is at work surfing through the web. So, I thought I might as well write a post.
I had a long conversation with the Hammond parental units last night. I love talking to them. They have alot of insight and wisdom and I really don't want them to move. But at least they will be in Dallas and that happens to be a place I travel to occassionally. Even more so now. Shanon I hope you are feeling better today.
The main topic of our convo was about challenging people and what the right approach to doing it is. Basically the three of us adhere to the train of though that, "People don't care what you know until they know how much you care". This is a statement engraved in my brain. I try to abide by it all times.
Elisa made a comment about how truth can be brutal, but when comming from someone who you know cares about your best interrest it is somehow easier to honestly listen, but from someone who doesn't have a relationship with you, or a good relationship with you, suddenly walls go up and the deffesive mode kicks into full gear.
I'm a back door kind of girl. Alot of my friends are more the bust through the front door kind of people. I admire that, 'cause I usually don't have the tenacity for it. I tend not to be as agressive and confrontational as lets say, Jessyca...j/k Jess, you're awesome. But I find that it works better, at least for me, if I drop a thought out there and then let the person sit on it for awhile. Probally works becuase if it is true then it will show itself so in time. Plus, if I've dropped the thought out there, the person will having it mulling around in their (un)contious. Eventually they will make their own decision about the subject.
I usually don't have to comment on it again. People are smart enough to think for themselves, sometimes they just need a nudge in the direction of where to think. Honeslty, I need this nudge every once in awhile too...well a 2x4 to the head works better sometimes.
Advice of the day: Drop it like it's hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home