Friday, September 30, 2005

TGIF/Serenity

Good Morning All. Not much to say right now, just starting my day.

It is Friendship Friday, and I missed it last week, but I haven't had time to put some stuff together about my best friend Caitlin yet. Hopefully I'll have time today. Otherwise, I'm just getting caught up with school work. So much reading! "I'd be an avid reader if it weren't for school!" That's my quote, but you can use it too!


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last night I saw a midnight showing of the movie Serenity. It's based off the Fox series Firefly, that they of course canceled (go figure Fox), created by Joss Whedon (Buffy/Angel).

The movie was awesome, I got a very large greating when I got there because my friend Jiffer was the one to set up the viewing through a friend that manages a theater and is also a fan. It was a smaller crowd, but everyone there was huge fans and even a few people dressed up as the characters. Their costumes were pretty good too! I know I sound like a huge dork right now, sci-fi nerd, but I love it and can't help it!!! No appologies here.

The ensemble cast of this show is amazing. I love to see such a great range of characters with writers and actors to match them. The dialogue is great and the chemestry and performance of all the actors brings them to life as one living entity instead individual characters. I would be extreemly blessed to work with such a group someday!

Just a few cast members:
Dr. Simon Tam (Sean Maher)
My crush.
Doctor.
Passenger.
Federal Fugitive.
He's cute.
He's a medical genious.
He's sexy.
He love's his sister!
(Go team big brother, not in the 1984 sense...)
Jayne Cobb(Adam Baldwin)
My Favorite Character.
Mercenary.
Money Hungry.
Tank Moron.
Calls 'em as he sees 'em.
I'd take him with me into war.
Most likely to commit mutany.
His guns name is 'Vera'.
Best quotes!
River Tam (Summer Glau)
Character I would want to be.
Passenger.
Federal Fugitive.
Psychic.
Assasin.
More Genious than her brother.
(Started correcting her brothers spelling when she was 3.)
Dancer.
'No power in the 'verse can stop her'.
Hoban "Wash" Washburne (Alan Tudyk)
Honorable Mention.
Pilot.
Better pilot than Han Solo.
Comedic relief.
Peacemaker.
Plays with dinosaur action figures.
The only married man on the ship.
"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar"

6 Comments:

Blogger Shanon said...

whats it rated quick tell me????!!!!

love yoooooooooooouuu...

hey. send sweaters. its gettin CCCC--OO-L-DDDD out here

1:22 PM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger jenni~ru said...

Serenity is rated PG-13

1:53 PM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger Johnny said...

That quote sounds like something Samuel Clemens would say. That is Mark Twain's real name, right? I only remember Samuel Clemens now, and not his real name T.T go figure. But I'll have to watch this with you some time! Or borrow it or somethin. Sounds fun.

10:19 PM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger shanellephant said...

i am scared....a lot.



I HATE WORD VERIFICATIONS, I CAN'T, OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE I HAVE GLASSES AND THEN YOU GO AND MAKE ME DO THIS CRAZY STUFF JUST TO LEAVE A COMMENT!!! SHEESH.

2:46 AM, October 01, 2005  
Blogger shanellephant said...

i forgot 'see'. great, now i have to go and do it again. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah this one i have to do looks like a doozy, well, here i go, wish me luck.

2:47 AM, October 01, 2005  
Blogger Shanon said...

snorts-ha that's mark twain for ya....YAYAYAYAYAY!! i wanna see it...i miiisss yooou. if you marry the doctor can i marry jayne?

-shanooooooooon...
ps...I GET TO GO HOME THIS WEEKEND! (well...to dallas anyways)

2:52 PM, October 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home