Thursday, September 22, 2005

Josh

I literally just got off the phone with this guy. He was "the" guy in my high school experience. He was my bestfriend and so much more. We "tried" the whole dating (<-- I use that term loosely) thing for maybe a few months around Christmas time our Junior year, but things went down hill from there. He is now Five years married to a wonderful girl that I don't really know all that well right now, Narissa, and has a soon to be 3 year old son named Noah.

This conversation was a long time coming and I'm glad we had it because I feel so much better right now. Seriously. I guess closure may have been a big part of it, although we had both forgiven one another for our, what we once thought were "mature", actions towards one another, and in hind sight agree that we may not have been as mature as we thought we were...or still are. Lol. But he said the words that I have been desperately needing to hear. "You have alot to offer."

I guess I trust his judgement in that area more right now because where I have been questioning that is in my male, or romantic, relationships. He's the only other guy that has been in my life that can validify (if that's a real word) the truth of that statement.

Moms, sisters, fathers, and brothers: you have all been trying to say this to me, and accomplishing it, but I think I needed to hear it from someone who knew me like he did.

And boy did Josh know me! A big part of who I am today is because of this man of God. Then he may have been a boy, but he is a man now and I am proud to have been part of his defining past.

Josh: Thank you so much for everything you just said to me. Some of it is too much to share here, online, but you know what you said and what it means to me. I look forward to learning what it means to play the role of sister in Christ in your life and the life of your wife and child. Say hello to them for me!! May God bless your family always.

4 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

Good, I'm glad you were able to have that conversation. Sometimes it does take someone else who knew you close, in a different way or something like that in able to 'hear' it, you know?

P.S. looks like spam is gone with the word verification, even if it takes a few extra seconds.

11:33 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger That One Girl said...

Hey! Nice blog. I really enjoyed reading it.

5:09 AM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger Shanon said...

oh good...you do get it...by the way...i'm dry again! woohoo!

6:51 AM, September 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

might'nt you have foung a better pic?

lol.


thanks.... you have and always will mean a lot to me, too. I appreciate it.

What more to say?

off to life, I guess.
LIVE!! ENJOY!! LOVE!!
the past is over.




jz

4:49 PM, October 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home