Monday, September 26, 2005

Weekend catch up

Soo, on FRIDAY was my first debate competition ever:
I was paired up with Allison, the only girl~girl partnership on the team. Apparently they try to veer away from f/f partners because m/m partners are seen as bulling to the f/f partners. But I think that Allison and I make it work. We hold our own, and not once did we come up against a partnership with any female member.

Our resolutions: (this only makes sense if you know anything about debate)
~ "THW (This House would) substantially change the way America responds to disaster." ~Gov.
~ "America has lost it's values." ~Neg.
~ "It is better to use a stick than a carrot" ~Neg.
~ "Men are easier to convince than women" ~Gov.

I still don't know how many of the rounds we "won" but we didn't place at all. Which curiously I am perfectly okay with. (bad grammar, but this is blogging...) Allison and I were just happy to get some experience under our belt and as Jason put it, I got a "taste for blood".

I am in love with debate. Now if I can only get my homeostasis back in order I know that I could get much better at this game. Look out Ben, JW, Kelly, Nick, Brent, Shanon-joi and any of my other argumentative friends, family members, and acquaintances...I am about to step up my game!

Side note: I wore the only suit that I have. I wore the skirt instead of the pants. Per Dewi it was a little too short but it would work for the first competition. I put on nylons. However, the responses to my wearing this suit were all the same:

* "You have really great legs!" ~Allison/Lindsay (girls on the team with me)
* "Nice." ~Jason after giving me the the up-down outside of KFC
* "You look really good. No really, if I were a few years younger I would ask for your number." ~random office type looking man outside of WallMart

So, I guess I look good in a skirt and high heels business suit.


SATURDAY:
I wasn't feeling so hot. I called in sick to my second day of competitions and stayed in bed instead. However, by that night I was feeling better, or so I thought, so when this guy asked me to go on a date with him I said yes.

He took me to a sushi bar where I had real sushi, not California rolls, for the first time. I actually liked it. The dinner part of the date was really nice.

Then came the movie part. We went to go see 'Four Brothers'. I've been looking forward to going to see this movie for awhile now. And as much as I like the guy I went out with I was not prepared to battle with him over whether or not we were going to make out during the movie. I missed part of the plot because of it.

I now remember why I don't date random guys I don't know all that well...because you never know what they are going to expect from you. *sigh* I guess dating is just not something that works for christian girls. I should know this, I do know this, I should have remembered to know this. I'm not into dating for make out sessions, so boys, don't ask if that's what you're looking for from me. Do I like kissing and cuddling, etc. Oh yeah! Who doesn't? Am I going to with you? Are we going to fondle eachother, let alopubliclylly, ummm, no.

Even my dad liked the guy after meeting him briefly before we left when he picked me up. My dad mentioned it when we drove to church the next morning. But on further review, I don't think dating will occurringing in the near future for me.

Sorry boys, but if you want to get close to me, spend some time with me and my family and friends first, then we'll talk.

SUNDAY:
Pretty chill day. Church, the kids came over for youth group, while I took another nap (still not feeling up to par yet) then a quick stop at the mall and the now Dennis' house and then home and in bed by 10pm or so. I need to get my homeostasis up to normal levels!!!

TODAY:
...just chillin', gettin' school stuff together for tomorrow and then preparing to be radio active for a few days. yeah....fun...?

(Those of you who don't know this is the last treatment in winning battle over cancer and the rest is just follow up.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

Hey, these long posts require long comments, stop making work for me! XD just playin

Friday: Glad you're enjoying debate, sounds fun, but challenging. At least when I argue with you I'll sharpen my skills if not win all the time ; ) I probably would have asked for your number if I saw you like that and didn't know you.

Saturday: At least you enjoyed yourself the most of the night and still have a guy to hang out with sometimes, yeah?
Guy: Wanna make out? No? WHY NOT?! I'M BORED!

Sunday: Days like that are kinda nice here and there, yeah?

7:37 PM, September 26, 2005  
Blogger jenni~ru said...

Johnny: that's why i try to break up the color...hoping it will help when i say alot in one post...

7:49 PM, September 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home