Friday, December 09, 2005

The Girl in the Mirror

I am totally annoyed right now. Why do I feel like I have to fight everyone for feeling the way I do? I'm tired of having to defend my choices from the criticism of others opinions. Maybe I sound selfish, in fact I know that I do. But I have spent a major portion of my life not pursuing the things that I wanted because it might unsettle someone else. The motivation for alot of my decisions has been the good of the many over the good of the one, namely me. No one really knows the ammount of self-sacrifice I have felt for the sake of other people. I am at a point in my life now that I am tired of making all my decisions that way. Sometimes I need to do what is best for me and if it rocks the boat a little bit, so be it. I need to be able to look in the mirror and be happy and proud of who I am. And I don't want to have to fight the people that I love to attain it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

I believe I know what you mean. The battle of the mind between the desire to please or help others, and the desire to do things for for the express purpose of your own pleasure or satisfaction. You can hardly bow to both at the same time, and it's hard to balance the two... But I've equated life to a trapeze often in my own mind.

6:00 PM, December 09, 2005  
Blogger Shanon said...

you think no one knows? that no one does the same thing? think again my love, think again. i know all too well.

6:44 PM, December 10, 2005  
Blogger shanellephant said...

wise words...wise words

8:43 PM, December 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't get married. it's this and more!

12:43 AM, December 12, 2005  
Blogger jenni~ru said...

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. Frustration comes and goes, but it's nice to know that you're not alone and that people have got your back. You are all awesome!!

7:45 AM, December 12, 2005  
Blogger mel said...

life goes on... if people wanna take offence over stupid stuff that's their problem. don't let people hold you back if it's something important to you- better to move on so you can look back without regrets. (just use your head) nuff said :)

12:06 AM, December 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home