Monday, November 14, 2005

Speech/Debate Tournament #3

This weekend I won a 4th place in finals for extemporaneous speaking!!!!
(That's when you are given 3 questions and 30 minutes to prepare a 7 minute speach answering any 1 of the proposed questions using your prepared newspaper/media articles)
I didn't expect to break in extemp considering I still have had no formal training and it was only my second time competing in that type of speaking...I was in shock when Jam-o told me. And I was very nervious during finals. Only Frank came to watch me, which was perfectly ok with me. We'll see how much better I can do next time.

Here's a few pics of the team:


J3 (that's my new nick~name), Frank, and Lindsay

Jam-o and Allison

Jason, Jam-o, and Frank (furthest to nearest)


Mac (and Jason's arm)

Hannah


Allison, Hannah, and Lindsay

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was aliens, roxanne....aliens, I swear..they stole my brain!

btw...its shanon....but i dont wanna sign in

How do I get a flight to LA from Dallas using the stupid southwest airlines.....this is SUPER lame.

1:53 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger mel said...

congrats!! J3 huh? *wonders why* looks like a fun bunch o people ^_^

7:46 PM, November 17, 2005  
Blogger Matthew V said...

Congratulations!
a) why are you so awesome at extemporaneous speaking?
b) how cool is it that you won?
c) why are you so awesome AND how cool is it that you won?

You have 30 minutes...

3:07 AM, November 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home