Friday, October 21, 2005

Odd Objects In Unconventional Places

Today was a strange day. I spent my morning at the hospital getting follow up scans done. Laying there for about an hour while this machine slowly scans you up and down is such an exciting adventure... And then Josh called and we went to visit a friends mom, who I just found out had a stroke this year and is now home bound. It was good to see her and see that she is doing well. Mrs. Thrasher almost started crying at one point and it was all I could do not join with her. It's amazing how 30 minutes of your own time can touch someone elses life. It's amazing how practicle ministry can really be. I pray that God never lets me forget that. My parents and I went to dinner at a local italian restaurant. Mom's phone kept ringing making conversation difficult. And then Dad took food off mine and Mom's plate without asking which made the rest of dinner, well, interesting. I hope my future husband and I don't fight over such menial (but symbolicly important) actions. Then I went to go visit Jessyca. I haven't spent much time with her lately and I was missing her. We had fun just chillaxin'. Then we found the sponge in the strange place (see pic above). I mean really, what is a sponge doing sitting behind a pillar? The randomness of reality hit me. Life is full of odd objects it unconventional places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home