Saturday, October 08, 2005

My Anti Mexico Experience

So I started my summer off with a week in TJ building a house for a family and "ended" it with a three day lock down in a hospital room. Here's the run down of the compare/contrast:

Mexico:
1- Shower once a day if it fits into your schedule and your bus gets back in time
2- Bathroom is a port-a-potty; don't put your toilet paper in the hole but the trash bag provided
3-No running water (except the hoses used to create the "showers")
4- Share a bungalow with 4-5 other girls and never go anywhere alone
5- Drink as much fluids as you can

Hospital:
1- Shower as many times in one day as you can
2- Flush the toilet 3x after every use
3- Run the water in the sink 3-5 minutes after every use
4- Everyone must maintain a 6' distance and few minutes visitation limit from me; seclusion
4- Drink as much fluids as you can

Soooo...yea...there's not much else to talk about. I spent the first day sitting around waiting for my room with Pastor Pat, Kathy Mc, Mom and Dad, then waiting in my room for the Doc and his Radiation Tech to arrive with the pill in a heavy-duty thick-metal suitcase. After receiving my instructions (see above) I was handed a small shot glass with a bluish-purple pill that the tech handed to me with purple latex gloved hands ("two by two hands of...'purple'?"). I was told to throw back the pill and chase it with some H2O. I was then properly radiated.

I spent the next two days in solitary confinement. I received a few phone calls and visitors throughout the two days. The first day wasn't so bad, I actually enjoyed the quiet, but by day two it was already old. Daytime television; not all that exciting, reading; made my eyes tired and sleepy, not much left to do after that.

I am very happy to be home now, to see Gatsby and be around people once again. I still have to maintain my distance for a few more days, so don't expect me at church service tomorrow, but at least I have people around me and human interaction.

Thank You: to the staff at the hospital, all my nurses and aids (especially Cory, he was my daytime aid all three days) you all were kind and took very good care of me, I appreciate it!!

FYI: There were some pretty cute looking EMT's running around on day one (didn't see any on my way out Friday) I might have to add them to the Firefighter fettish I have.
I'm not boy crazy, I swear! Ok, maybe a little...but, they are kinda...everywhere!

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

Sounds like quite an experience. And not being around people and trying to attend church doesn't sound like it will work too well, heh.

Interesting about that no contact though, are the dangerous cells or whatever airborne? Or is there a literal sphere of radiation emminating from your body? XD

Anyways, glad you're all good. EMT fetish sounds a little weird, sounds like you have a fetish for a medical... something other than a guy XD

10:20 PM, October 08, 2005  
Blogger jenni~ru said...

But Johnny, EMT stands for Emergency Medical Technition, meaning a person, preferably male, in my case. It's ok though, they're just boys right?

10:54 PM, October 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home