Friday, September 02, 2005

My Friday

I spent today running around doing errands:
~bought Gatsby more of his special diet food from the vet
~visited with Jessyca and Kai at Petco
~got my eyebrows waxed
~went hunting for shoe laces (I'm fixing up the crew t-shirts J. got us from the DMB concert)
~decided I had to go to the Dickies Outlet
~took the long way 'cause I wanted to drive a bit and listen to my cd...singing...
~found the right color for Jessyca's shirt, but not mine, hod to switch to a different kind of shoelace for my t-shirt
~stopped at the tanning salon to see how much it would cost to get rid of my weird Mexico tan lines for Ma'J's wedding
~finally stopped back at home for a quick nap and to feed Gatsby (he was way hungry)
~left for Ma'J's bridal shower...
~at the bridal shower...
If you've never been to one, it's kinda scary and kinda fun all at once. It's fun 'cause hey, we get to embarrass the bride about the honeymoon night and make her open gifts with lingerie, lotions, bath stuff, whatev, and eat yummy food (I got my fill of buffalo wings yea!), and the boring part, play lame games. Although, somehow Jessyca and I both got out right away when playing musical chairs. I blame the trickiness of the song, it had rests in the music that kept psyching you out that the music was being stopped, I think Jess blames the girls for pushing her down to the ground...yea, it can get pretty rough at these things. The scary part, one day...us single girls...will have to have one of these parties thrown for us. JW says she's never getting married just to avoid it. I'd like to elope to avoid it, but that probably would make things even worse.
~Then back home to sleep, early day tomorrow, 45 minute drive at 7am to get my hair done and help Jessyca and Mom find thier dresses for the wedding


<-- Sound track for the day: Which was amazing that I could listen to the whole cd and sing it and enjoy it!!! It has a story...it was a gift from an ex. And our song is track # 11 'Just Wait'. Amazingly, I had absolutely no problem singing that particular track. In fact, I want to learn to play it on the guitar, it's really a beautiful song. (BTW, he's finally moved. And I think I'm handling it quite well.)


Quote of the day: "If you're going through hell, keep going."~ Winston Churchill

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew V said...

I listened to that album just the day before on a road trip from Ottawa to New Haven and it was really good.

1:44 PM, September 04, 2005  
Blogger Jess said...

wow my name is all over that page... you must like me or spend time with me or something...

1:11 AM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Shanon said...

nicely done there jenni darling. I'm glad you seem to be handling it well...and BTW, if you ever EVER EVER even THINK about eloping...I WILL FIND YOU, HUNT YOU DOWN, and KEEL YOOU!

(so i don't advise it)
love and kisses
shanon

10:58 AM, September 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home