Thursday, August 25, 2005

Back to School

Ok, it's Thursday. Day three back to school. It's been great today.
So far:
~I made the first intelligent comment in our discussion on our literary work for the first part of this semester, "Brown: The Last Discovery of America" by Richard Rodriguez. It went something like this, "I thought the opening paragraph in his preface was interesting, because as an artist brown is a very difficult color to mix...blah blah blah brown-nosing-comments-here>".
~I noted that the boy sitting catty corner from me had on black tennis one with a white lace and the other with a black lace. That wasn't the wierd part. What was strange was my internal dialogue about how he had the laces on the wrong feet, white symbolizing good should be on the right foot which also sypmbolizes good, and black should beon the left...because both color and side indicate evil. I'm a nerd...I know. I love it.
~Then I met with my individual speech coaches:
Dewi-for PUI and Prose. She thinks that I'm the only one who can pull off a certain prose piece, but there's a scheduling conflict...we'll work it out hopefully. And we chose a topic for the PUI (you splice together segments from different pieces centering around a common theme) about the trend in the abduction and murders of pregnant women. This should be a scary and dark topic, but we're both excited bacuse we want to do something other than the dramatic death or relationship hurts that you see from everyone else.
Chris-for Persuasive. Basically, we need to pick a topic and go from there. He didn't remember me from about a year and a half ago until I jogged it with a swift kick to the head...no, just kidding, I had Fezzic with me and he learned how to jog memories without knocking the guy out first.
~Then debate practice. Nothing is scarrier for me. Being forced to think quick on my feet and in public too. But Brandon and the other guys have been great. And the impossible drills are not so bad once you get started. We did these drills called 'impossible drills'. You have to get up and talk about whatever subject they give you without stopping until they tell you you're done. And then they start correcting your fillers 'umms, errrs, ahhhs...' and also your posture etc. yeafun, let me tell you. But once you get over it, not so bad really.
~now I'm on my way to the Dave Matthews Concert with Jessyca, catch ya'll later and I'll let you know how it was!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremiah said...

See if you can get this joke. What's the difference between a butt-kisser and a brown-noser? Depth perception. LOL.

11:11 AM, September 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home