Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A thought & complaining

So I had this thought...(in reference to the face analyzer peeps)why would they lump Korea and Japanese together, but separate China? This makes no sense to me having grown up in martial arts, More specifically, Tea Kwon Do. If you confuse anyone of Asian decent with any of the other descents you are bound to offend them. I know, I've seen it happen. They don't like it when you mix them up. Well, maybe most people can't tell the difference, it's true, or don't know enough to try and ask politely before assuming where people come from. Whatev, on their behalf, I think it's rude.

Secondly, what the heck is up with the 15 freeway!!! It was 10 something in the morning when I finally merged onto it and thwap...break lights all over the place. And if you don't think they can be blinding during the day, even in Californian sunshine...then you've never experienced So Cali Traffic! Lame. It was never like this before. What are all these people doing? They should be at work already. And why are they stopping? There was no apparent reason. There's no main exit or entrance ramp in that part of town...there was no accident to be rubber necking about...just people who thought it would be funny to slow down in front of me. Well, you all suck rocks...hot ones...boulders!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps the good folks at the face analyzer are angry with the Japanese for some unknown reason and wish to make them angry. And as any one who knows anything about the (mainland) Japanese culture could tell you, Korean immigrants are shown the same degree of respect that Jim Crow era African-Americans were in the south. Or it could just be that the extremely insular Japanese are descended from the very insular Korean culture, while the Chinese had a much more genetically diverse pedigree because... *Blah* *Blah* *Blah* Still, having tutored lots of Japanese college students, if any of them knew they were being lumped together with Koreans...*Sound of Exploding Head*

By the Bye: Love your blog name. Terra Incognita...in Cali.? Ha!

1:21 PM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger Shanon said...

what if i dont wanna suck rocks? I love you much and miss you dearie...our commitment banquet is tomorrow and I'm way ready for it. Pray for me and send me mail:

My whole name-you know it
CPO #303
P.O. Box 2010
Lindale, TX 77571

(that's for mail)

email is-get this, they spelled my name wrong...the story of my life!

shannonjoi.hammond@teenmania.org

8:27 PM, August 29, 2005  
Blogger Jess said...

i like your use of the word thwap...thwap it has a nice feeling when you say it. i give you 12 cool points. save them and come redeem then from me at the end of the year.

8:02 AM, August 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home