Monday, September 05, 2005

"This is the written account of Adam's Line"~Gen 5:1

The other day I went onto my friend Adam's web-log-page. Simply because it's not part of blogger so I don't visit it regularly and he had given me the link when he first started it. So I was reading through it and came across a few posts about me...

"I also had a very long and interesting conversation with Jenni, imo the best conversation we've had online, i think i finally broached a subject she was mildly interested in, morality of this world and how Christianity comes into play." ~ July 25th, 2005 (Hate on Mondays)

"So i introduced Jenni to Robot Chicken, and, weirdly enough, started feeling uncomfortable about christian-specific humour, ie: the Noah's Arc sketch about "God hates freaks". I don't really know where the concern is coming from, but mainly i don't know what i should do about it - - and i think that's what i'm really thinking about.
An Adam from 3 years ago would take Jenni under his wing as a pet project to explore the wonderful world of atheism - - now, i'd rather just not worry or think about it and let her do her thing, i wonder if that's from maturity or laziness? Hrm. Continues on with my current theme of anti-drama, so i'm not complaining." ~ Just plain ole' Thursday Friday July 29, 2005

"My d&d game is finally working in my head, and i've decided to let go of jenni & her brother, in the end it's the simplest solution for me. The game has a plan and direction now, so it will be reconvening soon." ~ Lazy/Busy Wednesday August 24, 2005

Adam:
I've quoted you here because your thoughts are now public domain. I'm also going to leave a link so people can check my accuracy and see you from your own perspective too. As a friend you deserve that. I'm posting about this because I'm not quite sure how I feel or how I think I should feel about these posts, so I'm exploring. When I first read them I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you would let me know on your own that my bro and I have been let go from the game, but so far that hasn't happened. Still, no hard feelings here, it just would be nice to be told up front, not from a post.
http://www.xyrth.com/me/

So, yea. What do I think about this? Truth is I'm not sure. Initial reaction didn't feel so hot, emotionally I mean. It never feels good to find out that you have been excluded from something. Granted it's just a game, but it's a game I enjoy playing and something that I can connect with my brother on. However, I also recognize that he and I are the outsiders of the group, so it does make sense that we would be the ones to go. Without going into detail, there's been quite a bit of drama in this particular circle, and I played a very small part in it. And Adam, as stated wants to avoid drama.
The atheism thing? Wow, I dunno what to say. People really think that they can deter me from believing in a loving God that has always without a doubt been there for me. To go from understanding that I was created with a purpose in mind to thinking that I just simply exist for no reason. Honestly, who would want to switch over to that belief? The only benefit that I can see from it would be that a person could then live a life in which they no longer have to answer for. That might be compelling to some, but not me.
Am I living my life in a way that I'm making an impact and making people think about what they believe and if it's truely the right/correct belief? I dunno, I don't think there is enough evidence here to come to that kind of conlusion. I am not one to force people to accept what I know to be real simply because I say so, but my hope would be that they would want to find out for themselves before continuing on with there lives as is.

4 Comments:

Blogger PackerPundit said...

I didn't understand most of that... well I am blonde... but I did get the part where ur standing up for your faith! you go girl...
God Bless you

romey

3:51 PM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger jenni~ru said...

Romey, thanks!!! It's good to know that people are out there argreeing with me.

12:19 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Shanon said...

I'm so mad at him i could spit...but then I'm sure someone here would chastise me for being unladylike.

7:17 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Jess said...

umm that's lame... i will not go into how i feel about it here because i don't want to hurt his feelings is he comes to read this... actually i dare him to come talk to me... that's so lame... i want to kick him in his windpipe...

p.s. i love you!

11:56 PM, September 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home